Under the general supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, supervises the maintenance of a golf course (or courses); supervises the activities of the staff and monitors job performance; monitors daily playing conditions for quality standards; maintains cleanliness and organization of the maintenance facility including equipment, materials and tools; participates in agronomic operations; keeps accurate and timely records of all business activities and performs related work as required.
- Able to work weekends and holidays and have consistent punctuality
- Participates in the planning and supervision of routine maintenance activities to include P1 (priority) tasks (mowing greens, changing cups, course set up and raking bunkers) and P2 tasks (mowing fairways, tees and rough).
- Participates in the daily assignment of equipment to employees and inspects for the proper use, cleaning and storage to assigned parking. Stages designated equipment and tools to prepare for the following day. Coordinates with mechanics to ensure preventative maintenance, repairs and readiness of equipment fleet.
- Participates in the daily monitoring of putting greens (moisture, firmness, green speed and clipping yield) using measuring devices and records data. Observes and evaluates playing conditions (moisture, mowing quality, bunker raking, course set up) to take corrective action or reports to Superintendent.
- Maintains effective employee and public relations. Monitors employee uniforms (shirts, boots, helmets and personal protective equipment) to provide service to the employees and ensure compliance of uniform policy.
- Assists the Superintendent in keeping records of maintenance activities, including but not limited to job tracking, chemical and fertilizer applications as required by law.
- Assists in the operation of the irrigation system (knowledge of the Rainbird Control System and pump station operation, field observations and scouting for proper moisture, sprinkler adjustments and repairs).
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of company and departmental safety policies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
Must possess a minimum two-year turf certificate in turf grass management from a recognized college or university or 2 years of well rounded golf course experience.
Must be a certified pesticide applicator in the State of Arizona. Must have a working knowledge of the following: Construction and maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance of types of turf used on golf courses; planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and computerized watering and irrigation systems including wells, pumps and automatic controls. Microsoft Office Suite computer skills are preferred.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum 2 years experience working on a golf course maintenance crew.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Assistant Superintendents are expected to perform "The Desert Mountain Way" at the company and departmental level. This includes following the Seven Core Values and the Agronomy Department policies and procedures. The highest level of quality is expected to be consistent across all seven golf courses and it is the responsibility of all managers to conduct operations by the same methods. Educational opportunities are available through seminars, conferences and company sponsored training.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours). Must be able to work in temperature extremes from a minimum of 20F to 115F.
Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Legal & Identity Theft Protection
Auto and Home Insurance
Come to Desert Mountain Club and start loving where you work!
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Página Web de la Compañía: desertmountain.com
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)