Are you motivated and energetic? Do you want to bring joy and happiness into member homes and throughout our event venues? Then Desert Mountain Club wants to talk with you about our Catering and Events Manager opening!
To Coordinate and organize with Members and Management all Food & Beverage related aspects. Bring a positive, team oriented and fun approach to planning and executing memorable events. Planning and execution of Club catered events: Member Social Events, In-House functions, Weddings and Off Property Events, while maintaining all Desert Mountain standards, policies and procedures in accordance with the DM Way, Core Values and Desert Mountain mission statement of providing Superior service in an atmosphere of excellence
INDICATORS OF SUCCESS:
You will achieve great success in this position when you meet revenue and food cost goals by 100%, in addition to providing a memorable experience to the membership!
- The Catering and Events Manager will be knowledgeable of the current menus for Banquets and restaurants.
- Responsible for planning & coordinating catered functions (club, member, golf, tennis, fitness, The Ranch, marketing) and special events, including menus/presentation, equipment needs, entertainment, linens, flowers and decor.
- Communicate with Cochise/Geronimo Clubhouse Managers & Restaurant Managers for functions held in all Clubhouses: Cochise/Geronimo, Sonoran, Apache, Renegade, Chiricahua, Outlaw, The Ranch and Off-Premise Events. Inspects the set-up of all catering functions at each location prior to the event.
- Assist members /guests with all aspects of event planning to include, but not limited to, menu selections, décor, linens, floral, timeline, entertainment, transportation, lodging, with timely and thorough communication.
- Update approved DM vendor list.
- Ensure contracts, deposits, temp account application, member sponsor forms, credit applications are all properly filled out and distributed to all necessary departments, as well as in clients file.
- Meet with members/guests and vendors to tour available function sites and plan events.
- Prompt and effective verbal and written communication with the membership and all involved departments concerning catered functions to include a detailed overview and timeline (Banquet Event Order) of each upcoming event.
- In coordination with Cochise/Geronimo Clubhouse Managers, fill out each club event P&L's and monitor financial results/assesses the profitability of each event.
- Coordination of rentals and décor for assigned functions.
- Coordinate wedding rehearsals and assist wedding coordinator if one has been hired.
- Meet with banquet kitchen staff to coordinate and facilitate "'special menus".
- Detailed functions sheets for all assigned functions.
- Coding of invoices for all vendors to ensure payment is made in a timely fashion.
- Timely member billing and follow up with all hosts quickly after events occur.
- Catering filing system for current, upcoming and past events.
- Maintain master function calendar for all club activities. All revisions to be made promptly and communicated with all departments to ensure accuracy and avoid double bookings.
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus, trends in consumer tastes and management issues.
Hotel/Restaurant Management College Degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Food, Beverage and Wine knowledge. Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point, Catering Software Program- Total-E. F&B Cost Controls. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously must have solid working knowledge of event planning support, food preparation and production
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1 to 3 years minimum F&B management experience, preferably in a club or hotel setting. Previous experience in catering sales or management preferred
WORKING KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
ie: Policies and procedures of Desert Mountain. Standard Operating Procedures, administrative and managerial responsibilities.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lifting up to 25 pounds, long hours standing, many hours spent working at computer. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, 6-day work week, and back-to-back shifts
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Clothing Allowance provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)