Primarily handles the equipment set-up, breakdown and storage for all banquet activity. Controls the inventory, storage and maintenance of all equipment. Assists chefs and managers with execution of banquet events. Maintains company vehicles that pertain to banquet events.
- Attends weekly BEO meetings.
- Keeps up with all Catering function sheets on a daily basis and monitors any changes.
- Attends Chefs meetings as necessary.
- Reviews all pull sheets weekly to identify equipment challenges and assists others when not scheduled.
- During functions, pulls, delivers, sets up, breaks down, cleans and returns all equipment to its proper storage area.
- During functions, assists chefs and managers with execution of any and all assignments.
- Ensures all equipment is organized, well maintained and stored in the proper areas assigned to each item.
- Responsible for the inventory control of all equipment as specified by the Executive Chef, and assists the appropriate manager with adjusting pars as necessary.
- Maintains, fuels and controls the appearance and cleanliness of all vehicles that are specified for Banquet use.
- Any other duties or reasonable requests assigned by manager.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
Maricopa County health department food service worker card, high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Excel worksheet and basic computer skills. Able to drive trucks and poses a valid AZ driver’s license.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Prior experience in food and beverage as a steward, dishwasher, server, and set-up is preferred.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
The Desert Mountain employee handbook; the knowledge of our standards in food and beverage and the proper set-up, execution and breakdown of Desert Mountain events; our standard china, glass, silver and equipment inventory spreadsheets.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends, holidays and possibly overtime. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)