Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Housekeeping
DEPARTMENT: Facilities and Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Director of Hospitality and Hospitality Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
PURPOSE: Maintains the overall cleanliness of all public areas, employee areas, kitchens and restrooms in DMC clubhouses
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Operates a motor vehicle or other vehicle
- Collects and takes all dirty linen and towels/rags to the laundry and places them in the Wash & Dry.
- Folds clean towels and robes and returns to the locker rooms.
- Cleans and hoses down all patios, prior to member activities.
- Empties and relines all waste containers.
- Ability to drive a golf cart or similar vehicle.
- Checks all soap dispensers and paper products in the restrooms, locker rooms and kitchens prior to member activities.
- Takes down and stores chairs and tables from previous evening events and prepares all areas for new events, including a new set up.
- Cleans and refills ashtrays with black sand; stamp with DMC logo.
- Cleans glass on windows and doors.
- Cleans and shines all brass, doors, banisters and railings.
- Cleans all outside patio tables and chairs.
- Hoses down all pool decking as needed and brushes deck if necessary.
- Cleans all mirrors in the fitness area and restrooms.
- Cleans clubhouse offices (collects trash, vacuums, and dusts).
- Cleans employee cafeteria and removes any dirty dishes prior to 10:00 AM (serving time) and after 2:00 PM.
- Cleans loading dock and trash container areas; hoses it if needed.
- Keeps lobby, conference rooms and dining rooms clean and organized; chairs under tables.
- Restocks all kitchens with cups, napkins, plates and utensils.
- Picks up clean linen and rags from the laundry and delivers to the kitchens and dining rooms.
- Details all buildings as often as possible, not to exceed two weeks in duration between “details”; this includes ceilings, vents, light fixtures, walls, room high and low corners, sky lights, door sills, door tops, tops of decorative and operational furniture.
- Safety conscious at all times in use of machinery and chemicals to avoid injury to self and others.
- Works and promotes a team environment.
- Other duties assigned by management.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of the cleaning and care of floors/carpets.
Knowledge of the use of the equipment/chemicals used to perform all Housekeeping duties.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Previous experience in the proper use of cleaning equipment/chemicals used in kitchens, carpets and floors.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Knowledge of the different Clubhouses and the requirements to clean them.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to climb up and down stairways, as well as ladders.
Must be able to work with industrial chemicals.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic (Full Time)
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Come to Desert Mountain Club and start loving where you work!
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)