Responsible for the safe mechanical condition of all mowers, utility vehicles, trucks and tractors and mechanical equipment. Working with the Golf Course Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and Mechanic III to plan and coordinate repairs, adjustments, and maintenance of all equipment in such a way that said equipment is available each day for use on the golf course.
- Troubleshoots, inspects, diagnoses, repairs, and maintains equipment and equipment systems, including, but not limited to, operator and equipment safety switch operation, engines tune-ups, carburetor adjustments, tire repair; safe and proper operation of hydraulic, brake, fuel, steering, electrical, and cooling systems.
- Repairs engine/drive train assemblies, starters, cutting units, roller bearing and seals, carburetors, fuel pumps, hydraulic motors and hoses. Installs batteries, tires, lights, and glass.
- Adjusts, sharpens, and backlaps reel mowers to ensure proper reel to bed knife adjustment and proper height-of-cut on all cutting units.
- Performs occasional welding, machining, bodywork and painting.
- Follows planned maintenance procedures and record keeping.
- Ensures proper shop safety and housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Maintains records of equipment service and repair, following established DMC guidelines.
- Maintains parts inventory necessary to effect equipment repairs.
- Records all service repairs on all Desert Mountain paperwork.
- Trains, educates and mentors Mechanic I employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT OR EQUIVALENT:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Working knowledge of light and heavy equipment, including automotive, construction and maintenance equipment; skilled in the use of a wide variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repairs; knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines; ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and the public; ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work. Knowledge of workplace safety requirements, including OSHA and the safe handling of all tools and materials.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Combination of 3 years as head golf course mechanic or assistant golf course mechanic or related mechanical experience.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Attend seminars and workshops to stay current with profession and golf course industry.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Job requires occasional lifting up to 80 pounds; also requires working in uncomfortable positions around equipment. Will sometimes be required to work on equipment in the field and away from the shop. Must adapt to extreme temperatures and inclement weather from outdoor working environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)