The Locker Room Specialist will help with all aspects of the Locker Room Operations at Desert Mountain. Included is the assistance with the Men's Grill to include daily food & beverage service and special events. This position will establish a culture and atmosphere consistent with a top locker room operation and Men's Grill in the country. This position must work closely with other departments and have an open line of communication to fulfill Desert Mountain Club standards in relation to the Mission and Vision.
- Provide a warm welcome and fond farewell to each member and guest with a smile using the 10/5 rule and name recognition.
- Ensure the comfort of our members to the highest standard.
- See that each opportunity, whatever it may be, is addressed professionally.
- Implement the Desert Mountain Mission Statement to the best of one’s ability.
- Assist in member orientation and gives tours of the locker room.
- Maintain relationships with members and directly responsible for member/guest satisfaction.
- Assist in Men's Grill food and beverage operations on a daily basis to ensure superior service at all times.
- Ensure the following of all Club rules and regulations including the cell phone policy.
- Perform opening and closing duties essential to operation of the locker room.
- Perform set up and tear down of continental breakfast.
- Print updated tee sheets from the golf shop for both men's and mixed grill.
- Assist members and guests with posting golf scores.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering of all amenities.
- Re-spike, clean and polish shoes.
- Maintain proper levels of locker room amenities including magazines, toilet paper, shampoo, towels, etc.
- Gather all dirty towels for the day and bring to back for housekeeping.
- Maintain Club facilities, including restrooms, wash area, showers, clear day lockers and performing general cleaning duties as needed.
- Make viable suggestions concerning new products, especially those suggested by members.
- Communicate daily with Club Managers to coordinate efforts aimed at providing world class service for our members and their guests by creating suggestions for improvement and completing work orders as necessary.
- Maintain close relationship with waitstaff, kitchen staff and golf staff.
- Review calendar of events on a daily basis.
- Promote monthly rental of member lockers and assist guests with day lockers.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Uses L.A.S.T. when solving challenges - Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Thank.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Requirements are representative of the highest levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities as they apply to the Locker Room Operation and food & beverage service in the Men's Grill. Must have the ability to provide the highest level of customer service in the industry. Strong interpersonal skills. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task. A proven leader with the ability to be a team player. Food handler’s card required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Not required, but preferred
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
All facets of golf business, tournaments, people skills, food and beverage service as well as specialized shoe service.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
Using small hand tools for spike replacement
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)