PURPOSE: To assist the Accounting Manager in the auditing and preparing of financial information, daily activity reporting and the implementation of proper internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Club’s financial statements. Works effectively with operational staff to resolve finance related issues.
- Prepares assigned month-end journal entries (see month end schedule of entries).
- Maintains and archives DMCI contracts, ensuring adherence to key terms and monitor for expiration. Prepares a contract summary report to track activities and report to Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Processes fleet vehicle registrations with State of AZ, updating property wide vehicle listing the new purchases, dispositions and authorized drivers. Communicates auto and equipment policy changes to insurance broker.
- Monitors and processes all DMCI licensing with City, State and County entities.
- Cross trains and acts as a back up for Inventory Control and Accounts Payable.
- Prepares Tennis/Fitness activity reports.
- Conducts payroll audits (Tennis, Spa, Fitness and Catering)
- Accounts payable check run
- Eagle reporting
- Asset and liability balance sheet reconciliations
- Researches and reconciles credit card charge-backs.
- Processes month end accrual of invoices for services rendered or goods received that have not been entered into accounting systems.
- Assists in the preparation of month end financial reporting to management and Board of Directors.
- Assists with other projects and tasks as assigned by CFO, Controller and Accounting Manager.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
College courses in related accounting field; Degree in Accounting preferred.
Working knowledge of computer based spreadsheet and database applications.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
General accounting background; club accounting preferred.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Knowledge of club accounting and POS and Great Plains applications.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)