Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Restaurant Busser/Food Runner
REPORTS TO: Clubhouse Manager
PURPOSE: Assists the restaurant servers by providing a positive member/guest interaction in a friendly and efficient manner.
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Handles Food
NP = Not present – activity does not exist
O = Occasionally – activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
F = Frequently – activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
C = Constantly – activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing: C Pushing: F
Walking: C Pulling: F
Sitting: O Stooping: F
Lifting: C Kneeling: F
Carrying: C Reaching: C
- Re-sets tables and ensures tables and chairs are free of food particles or water spots.
- Removes dirty dishes from dining room to the dish washing area and loads into appropriate racks for washing.
- Sets tables with clean linens, china, silverware and glassware with attention to proper positioning of each.
- Stocks side stations with silverware, china, glass, ice and any other items that may be needed.
- Checks on tables during service hours to be mindful of water refills, dish clearing and assists members/guests in any way.
- Pours coffee, replenish rolls and butter.
- Familiar with the table sequence of the dining room.
- Exhibits a professional attitude and maintains a clean and neat appearance.
- Remains on dining room floor to be available and visible as much as possible.
- Assists in function set-up and tear down.
- Practices the three steps of service - warm welcome, friendly compliance and fond farewell.
- Uses member name recognition.
- Uses L.A.S.T. when solving challenges - Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Thank.
- Other duties as assigned by Clubhouse Manager/ Captain.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
Food handler’s card required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Customer Service knowledge preferred.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Understand the flow of the dining room.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic (Full Time)
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)