Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
PURPOSE: Provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional breakfast, lunch, dinner, and carry out experience for our members and their guests. We are not a team because we work together, we are a team because we respect, trust and care for each other. Come and join our Café Verde Team.
- Greets all members and their guests with a warm and professional welcome.
- Directs members through the ordering/seating process.
- Stays up-to-date on current menu and specials; up-sells food & beverage items using suggestive selling techniques.
- Makes food and beverage recommendations members and their guests will enjoy.
- Communicates specific customer needs to the Chef.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks/juices/smoothies by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Maintains inventory by replenishing coffee supplies and pastry case.
- Enters all orders into the POS system accurately and efficiently.
- Carries food by tray from kitchen to tables and pool deck multiple times per hour.
- Presents final bill to member, ensuring signature.
- Informs members and their guests of events at the other clubhouses.
- Maintains a high level experience in a fast paced environment.
- Performs opening /closing side work continually throughout the day.
- Ready and willing to assist fellow teammates as needed.
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Other duties as assigned by Clubhouse Manager, Assistant Manager and Captain.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
-High school diploma or equivalent preferred
-Able to work at a fast pace while maintaining attention to detail.
-Ability to multi-task.
-Must have good communication and ability to promote sales.
-Must be skilled in time management.
-Food Handler's Card required.
-Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
-Restaurant or Customer Service experience preferred but not required.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
-Menu knowledge, food and beverage knowledge specific to the restaurant.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
-Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
-Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
-The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
-Able to work in inclement weather environment for shifts up to eight hours.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)