JOB DESCRIPTION: Outside Services (Seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Golf Operations
REPORTS TO: Outside Services Supervisor
JOB PURPOSE: To provide superior service and maintain the finest amenities while promoting an atmosphere of excellence.
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Operates a motor vehicle or other vehicle
- Assists members and guests with pre-golf check-in, special orders and any problem-solving situations, policy information and reinforcement.
- Greets members out on the floor; actively sells with suggestions; assists with merchandising.
- Assists with monthly inventory.
- Assists in obtaining budgeted sales goals.
- Strategizes to increase revenue and member satisfaction through category responsibility.
- Golf course pace of play monitoring.
- Tournament operations; assists with club tournament and weekly event operations.
- Records daily sales via point of sale register.
- Accurately records all daily play on tee sheets.
- Responsibilities may include the opening and closing of the golf shop and delivery of daily paperwork.
- Ensures the staging of carts and practice facilities are set up and maintained in line with individual course requirements.
- Attends mandatory golf meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Golf Professional.
LOCKER ROOM DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
1. Ensures the comfort of our members.
2. Sees that each opportunity, whatever it may be is addressed professionally.
3. Implements the Desert Mountain Mission Statement to the best of one’s ability. Assists in member orientation give tours of the locker room.
4. Performs opening and closing duties, to include but not limited to, locker room preparation, hand and bath towel replenishment.
5. Performs set up and tear down of continental breakfast.
6. Cleans and polishes locker room areas, re-spikes golf shoes, cleans and polishes shoes, maintains proper levels of locker room amenities.
7. Maintains Club facilities, including restrooms, wash areas, showers, clear day lockers and performing general cleaning duties as needed.
8. Makes viable suggestions concerning new products, especially those suggested by members.
9. Maintains good rapport with waitstaff, kitchen staff and golf staff.
10. Reviews calendar of events on a daily basis.
11. Promotes locker rentals.
12. Ensures all Club rules and regulations are followed by members and their guests, including the cell phone policy.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Locker Room Manager.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
PGA Membership Required
Working knowledge of Golf operations.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Previous employment with an accredited golf operation.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
A thorough knowledge of golf operations (1 year).
Familiarity with the Fore Tees and Tee time reservations systems as well as Event Man Tournament software.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays and during inclement weather(high temperatures that characterize the Sonoran Desert)
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for the entire shift.
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)