Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Member Services Representative/Club Concierge
DEPARTMENT: Member Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Member Services
JOB PURPOSE: Ensures the membership and guests receive a warm welcome and assistance with their wishes upon entering or phoning the club, and a fond farewell upon departure.
- Greets members, guests, clients, etc. upon entering the clubhouse; takes personal responsibility to ensure complete member satisfaction and exceptional service.
- Answers incoming calls in accordance to the established telephone standards.
- Acts as an information and concierge center.
- Maintains up-to-date information of upcoming events at all Clubhouses and any outside Valley activities.
- Promotes all upcoming activities to membership.
- Makes dinner reservations through "Net Caddy" for members dining at the Apache Clubhouse, Chiricahua Clubhouse, Outlaw, and C/G Clubhouse, or area restaurants; promotes the Club Table when appropriate. Books all special event reservations through the DMC website Event Manager.
- Handles all reservations for Horseback Rides and Events at The Ranch.
- Maintains “Lost and Found” for the membership.
- Supplies members with the preferred vendor rolodex listing upon special request; updates list as necessary.
- Makes transportation and "road trip" arrangements for members and guests as requested.
- Makes hotel arrangements for members as requested.
- Produces flyers and 4-up cards to promote hours or operation and/or special events as needed.
- Assists with the promotion and implementation of the member off-site activities program.
- Supports, cooperates with and assists Club management.
- Communicates with the Director of Member Services to ensure a coordinated effort aimed at providing the best possible experience for all Club members. Informs Director of all items needing attention and/or concerns by members and guests.
- Assists with check-in's during special club activities.
- Updates preferred vendor rolodex on DM website/G drive with current information pertaining to local services.
- Maintains most current copy of the “Master Event list”.
- Plans special activities and day trips for members and their guests upon request.
- Maintains spreadsheet of off-site scheduled activities.Purchases paper and supplies as requested.
- Maintains a good relationship with local vendors, i.e. florists, limousine services, etc.
- Conducts Clubhouse tours when needed.
- Attends departmental meetings and off-premise Concierge events as scheduled.
- Handles newspaper sales to members.
- Purchases tickets for the members for the theater, sports events, and musicals through local broker or via Ticketmaster.
- Copies, faxes, scanning as needed.
- Prints boarding passes for member travel as needed.
- Assists members with their shipping needs - UPS/Fed Ex/USPS.
- Notarizes items for members and guests as needed.
- Covers Caretaker's Cottage shifts during vacation times and special requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
-High School diploma or equivalent.
-Knowledge of Scottsdale/Phoenix area.
-Notary Public certification required.
-Computer skills a must. Must be fluent in Microsoft Office and web based programs to handle daily tasks and systems. Customer service skills must be over and above.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
-Strong customer service and hospitality skills a must.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
-Membership recognition, familiarization with the Desert Mountain internal organizational structure.
-Additional knowledge of local events, restaurants, hotels, preferred.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
-Must be able to work holidays, weekends, a.m. and p.m. shifts depending on clubhouse activities.
-This position sits at a desk for majority of shift.
-Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
-Employee parking is 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the building. Must be able to walk in for scheduled shifts.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
FREE Employee Meals during shifts
FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
Paid Time Off
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)