Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Restaurant Server
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
PURPOSE: Restaurant servers are responsible for positive member/guest interactions while serving in a friendly and efficient manner.
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Handles Food
- Practices the three steps of service - warm welcome, friendly compliance and fond farewell.
- Knows and understands all food menu items.
- Has general beverage knowledge.
- Uses member name recognition throughout service.
- Presents menus, suggests dishes, communicates specific customer needs (i.e allergies and special modifiers) to the Chef/Clubhouse Manager.
- Makes recommendations members/guests will enjoy.
- Up-sells food and beverage items using suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains a high level dining experience at all times while keeping in mind we are a family serving a family.
- Answers questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant/club events.
- Performs opening /closing side work continually throughout the day.
- Maintains clean service areas.
- Constantly trains and develops food and beverage knowledge.
- Prepares final bill, presents to member ensuring signature/member number/amount.
- Ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Efficiently serves a four to five table station.
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Uses L.A.S.T. when solving challenges - Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Thank.
- Knows the BEO for all events, set ups and tear downs.
- Other duties as assigned by Clubhouse Manager/ Captain.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
Food handler’s card required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1-2 years serving experience in a high end restaurant preferred.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Menu knowledge, food and beverage knowledge specific to the restaurant.
Service standards specific to the restaurant/club.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic (Full Time)
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Come to Desert Mountain Club and start loving where you work!
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)