Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Club Maintenance Engineer II
DEPARTMENT: Facilities and Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Assistant Chief Engineer
PURPOSE: Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer with group function setups; maintains and repairs all buildings and associated equipment for a well-lit, comfort controlled, aesthetically pleasing and operationally sound environment to provide a world class Club for the Desert Mountain membership.
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Repairs, maintains, monitors equipment performance
NP = Not present – activity does not exist
O = Occasionally – activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
F = Frequently – activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
C = Constantly – activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing: C Pushing: F
Walking: C Pulling: F
Sitting: O Stooping: F
Lifting: F Kneeling: F
Carrying: F Reaching: F
- Conducts preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and makes repairs to the plumbing, HVAC, building structure, lighting, electrical and mechanical equipment of all buildings at Desert Mountain.
- Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer in planning, laying out and implementing special projects in a timely manner.
- Immediately repairs or reports any hazardous situations that are observed to the Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer or Director of Facilities and Construction.
- Assists with any project that is deemed necessary to keep a well-organized and maintained Club for members and guests.
- Maintains the assigned maintenance vehicle in a safe, clean, organized, fully stocked and mechanically sound condition by conducting daily inspections.
- Assists the Assistant Chief in ordering and maintaining a par stock of supplies in order to expedite all projects, repairs and maintenance.
- Assists the Assistant Chief in maintaining all maintenance shops and storage areas in a safe, orderly, organized, labeled, neat and clean manner.
- Completes and documents daily walk-throughs on check lists and records all tasks, work requests, preventive maintenance and projects completed. Keeps the Assistant Chief informed of all uncompleted work or equipment not working by using the pass down board.
- Completes and inputs any assigned work requests, PM’s and BEO’s for the Facilities Dude work order system or on the Engineering Log Sheet upon completion within 48 hours or the assigned time frame of the assignment.
- Checks the Catering BEO Book on a daily basis. Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer with set up of all functions in a professional and timely manner. Keeps the Assistant Chief informed of any changes, which may have recently occurred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High School Diploma or equivalent. A Technical School diploma and Certificate helpful.
Must have a current Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
Strong mechanical ability in plumbing, electrical, kitchen and laundry equipment, pool care, carpentry, painting and other related skills pertaining to building maintenance.
Must be computer literate and able to speak, read and write English.
Be able to read blue prints, schematics and symbols.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two years experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing and building maintenance in a hospitality or related atmosphere.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Works in a team atmosphere sharing in work projects and ideas as to complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
Thorough knowledge of current industry standards through educational opportunities.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Top physical condition, able to lift minimum 75lbs., climb 20 foot ladders, be able to work in confined areas.
Surroundings; inside and outside – hot, dry, wet, noisy, dirty, oily.
Hazards; injury from contact with hot pipes or equipment, electrical circuit or moving machinery.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)