Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Cook III (Lead Cook)
REPORTS TO: Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: Executes lunch, dinner and employee meal menu items in a consistent and timely manner.
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Prepares Food
NP = Not present – activity does not exist
O = Occasionally – activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
F = Frequently – activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
C = Constantly – activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing: C Pushing: O
Walking: C Pulling: O
Sitting: O Stooping: C
Lifting: F Kneeling: F
Carrying: F Reaching: F
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
- Tests prepared foods to determine if food is properly cooked and seasoned.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Works productively with little supervision.
- Produces daily featured items.
- Follows all specifications to properly set up hot and/or cold line stations.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Receives food deliveries and stores items properly to prevent spoilage.
- Knowledge of the FIFO method as it pertains to culinary storage.
- Maintains the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practices safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
- Complies with company and departmental safety rules and regulations including the proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Executes additional responsibilities as directed by the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must have a proficient knowledge of sautéing, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming and braising.
Must be able to prepare soups, stocks, and sauces.
Clear understanding of professional cooking and knife skills.
Professional communication skills required both front and back of the house.
Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Must have good math skills to accurately adapt ingredient measurements for recipes.
Food Handler's card required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years experience in a kitchen environment.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Knowledge of proper use of equipment within the kitchen.
Receiving product into the kitchen to ensure high quality.
Knowledge of supporting departments.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)