Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, and one of the largest private country clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness, and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior HR Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTS: None
INDIRECT REPORTS: None
TYPICAL WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
JOB PURPOSE: The Senior HR Specialist is responsible for recruiting, vanpool program coordination, administrative, data entry, and facilitation.
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Operates a motor vehicle or other vehicle
- Bilingual English & Spanish
- Acts as the main contact for coordinating all activities associated with our 20 vehicle fleet of vanpools and 150+ riders daily.
- Conducts road tests for all new drivers for the vanpool program.
- Tracks the results from routine preventative maintenance check for the vans.
- Completes the P&L and cost analysis monthly for expenses of the vanpool program.
- Completes vanpool driver approval process and submits monthly compensation.
- Resolves all passenger and driver challenges with assistance from the HR Manager.
- Sources all candidates to fill open positions in golf course maintenance, housekeeping and stewarding. Approximately 200 positions annually.
- Accurately enters 400 newly hired employees information in the payroll system, and coordinates start dates and introductions to all managers.
- Runs background checks and E -Verify for all new hires.
- Attend and assist local job fairs as necessary.
- Works with HR team on arrivals, move-ins, and NHPPWK for all seasonal employees.
- Conducts routine inspections for all apartments to ensure cleanliness and compliance with housing agreement.
- Schedules movers, housekeeping and carpet cleaning for the seasonal apartments.
- Responsible for the room set up and break down for Welcome Aboard Orientation.
- Contributes with the team in the facilitation of Welcome Aboard Orientation.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High School Diploma or higher education preferred.
Skilled at using Microsoft Office and HRIS.
Familiarity with the Adult Learning Theory as well as skilled at public speaking.
Familiarity with transportation, coordination and the Valley of the Sun.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of 2 years of practical HR working experience in related tasks.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Policies and procedures of Desert Mountain. The unique positions and their requirements at Desert Mountain.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lifting up to 20 lbs. Working in the heat at times.
Work with a dynamic team of HR professionals who seek opportunities to make the lives of our employees better
Hourly rate is within the 90th percentile.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
FREE Employee Meals during shifts
FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
Paid Time Off
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
Come to Desert Mountain Club and start loving where you work!
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)