Specializes in all aspects of major and minor construction, remodeling, new construction carpentry, furniture repair, cabinet making, flooring, masonry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical to assist the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer with keeping the area/s of responsibility in the highest of aesthetical and operational standards and assist with work order requests and/or projects as assigned.
- Assists the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer in planning, estimating, laying out and implementing special projects as required, in a timely manner.
- Assures that all projects are completed according to code in a timely, neat and safe manner.
- Responsible for researching, ordering and receiving all materials needed to complete capital, major and minor projects.
- Marks and updates all new and additional equipment and tools received.
- Responsible for issuing, logging and the return of all loaned tools and equipment.
- Provides training for the maintenance staff as it pertains to the project trades to promote continuing education.
- Immediately repairs or reports any hazardous situations that are observed to the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Orders and maintains a par stock inventory of supplies, equipment, parts and building materials.
- Assists with any project that is deemed necessary to keep a organized and maintained Club for members and guests.
- Maintains all storage areas in a safe, orderly, organized, labeled, neat and clean manner.
- Assists the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer with any budget, capital improvement items or major equipment in need of replacement due to age or damage.
- Completes and inputs any assigned work requests and enters them in to the Facilities Dude work request system upon completion or before the assigned completion date.
- Reports to the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer any and all major problems, changes or out of the ordinary situations that are encountered.
- Keeps a positive relationship between the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, staff and managers of other departments.
- Orders and maintains a tool and parts par supply of any and all items needed to maintain the area/s of responsibility in a safe, neat, clean, orderly and professional manner.
- Maintains the assigned maintenance vehicle in a safe, clean, fully supplied and mechanically sound condition by conducting daily inspections.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have diploma and or certificate in one or more of the required fields. Must have a current Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
Strong mechanical ability, knowledge and experience in all aspects of the building engineering trades, including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, dry wall, texturing, carpentry (finish and rough), mill and cabinet, flooring, tile work and masonry, and furniture repair. Must possess the skill to teach and train maintenance staff. Must be proficient in reading schematics, blue prints and symbols. Must be computer literate and able to speak, read and write English.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Work in a team atmosphere sharing in work projects and ideas as to complete projects in a timely and professional manner. Thorough knowledge of current industry standards through educational opportunities.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Top physical condition, able to lift minimum 75 lbs. Climb 20 foot ladders, be able to work in confined areas. Surroundings; inside and outside – hot, dry, wet, noisy, dirty, oily. Hazards; injury from contact with hot pipes or equipment, electrical circuit or moving machinery.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Come to Desert Mountain Club and start loving where you work!
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)