A Landscape Horticulture I performs routine labor involved in landscape maintenance and construction; and performs related work as required.
- Operates small power equipment and performs the following tasks on designated areas of the development project: 1) Installs and maintains drip irrigation, 2) Installs and maintains trees, shrubs and cacti, 3) Maintains tree and plant nurseries, 4) Controls minor erosion.
- Participates in annual over-seeding of grass areas.
- Assists in construction of new landscape areas.
- Operates light motorized equipment and small utility vehicles in hauling materials and debris.
- Cleans drains and culverts, sweeps roadways and collects litter.
- Maintains sales center, Clubhouses and related facilities.
- Cultivates and hand waters trees, shrubs, cacti and grass areas.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
Landscape terminology at a Country Club and Golf Club
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must possess knowledge and ability to use tools, methods and materials in grounds and landscape maintenance and construction work. Ability to operate utility vehicles and light motorized equipment. Ability to follow oral and written directions
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Desert Mountain Club culture, 7 values that support the mission statement
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical strength and agility to lift and handle up to 80 pounds. Must adapt to extreme temperatures and inclement weather from outdoor working environment that characterize the Sonoran desert
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (Full Time)
- FREE Employee Meals during shifts
- FREE On-site Wellness Clinic
- Paid Time Off (Full Time)
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement Savings (Full Time, after 6 months of employment and 100% vested immediately)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Full Time)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
- Free Golf and Tennis
- Transportation Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Uniforms Provided
- Fun and upscale work environment
Come to Desert Mountain Club and start loving where you work!
Desert Mountain Club Inc.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America, ranked as a top 20 private Club in the United States. DMC is one of the largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. Desert Mountain Club has seven golf courses, seven distinctive clubhouses, ten restaurants and grills, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and spectacular tennis, swim, fitness spa and so much more.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Company Website: desertmountain.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)